CVRR Tuesday Session for February 21st, 2017
Hello CVRR runners and good job to those who were racing this last weekend!
This week the plan is to be back on our lovely track and focus on threshold to half marathon pacing. This will be a key workout for those who are planning on racing our Comox Valley Half Marathon on March 19th.
Session Focus: Cruise Intervals at Threshold pace (comfortably hard running) in order to build endurance particularly for longer distance races such as the half marathon.
• Warm-up run 10-20 minutes
• Dynamics at track for 5:10 PM (strides, stretching and drills).
• Cruise intervals on track (I will provide general splits per 400 metres based on your 10k race time. 5,6,5,4 minutes @ Threshold pace off 1 minute of easy running or walking. We will all start together and I will blow a whistle when to start and stop.
• 5 minutes easy
• 2-4 x 20-30 second strides off 45-60 seconds
• Cooldown of 10-20 minutes (very important)!
Looking forward to a great session and see you on Tuesday.
Also, if you raced last Sunday please let me know!