CVRR Tuesday Session for October 23rd, 2016
Hello CVRR runners! Congratulations to all who did the Perseverance Trail Race with some very outstanding performances on a tough and wet course. So for those who raced this last weekend, I would recommend an easy recovery run of between 30-45 minutes.
If you are up to another challenge next weekend there is the BC Cross Country Championships in Nanaimo on Saturday October 29th. Cross country running is challenging and very strengthening which includes running on grass and often twisty and hilly trails on a loop course. Please go to www.bcathletics.org for more information.
Session Focus: Threshold (Tempo) cruise intervals on grass followed by strides. Yes it may be soggy but good practice for cross country racing. Tempo pace is slower than last week’s VO2 max pace. Remember to focus on running comfortably hard!
• Warm-up run for 10-20 minutes
• 5:10 PM Dynamic warm-up that includes stretching, strides and drills
• 3-4 x 2 laps at Tempo pace on Vanier Fields off 2 minutes easy running.
(If you run up to 48 km per week run 2-3 repeats). All other who run more than 48 km per week can run 3-4 repeats.
• 4 x 20-30 seconds strides on grass. (Focus on running tall, quick turnover and relaxed).
• Cool-down run (easy) 10-20 minutes. Don’t forget the stretching and eat and drink ASAP!
See you on Tuesday!