[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Comox Valley Road Runners Online Discussion Forum • View topic - Newbie on the Forum!!

Newbie on the Forum!!

For those who are relatively new to running. This is a place to find the answers to your questions, find other newbies to run with, and compare notes

Moderator: Kiwi Keith

Newbie on the Forum!!

Postby christine » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:54 pm

I'm new!! :D I did the Vancouver Sun Run a few years ago and injured myself and then never got back into running again, but kept up an active lifestyle.

I signed up for the 5km Fun Run Clinic and loved it. I really needed to get back my cardio again. I did 2 months of Boot Camp at the Courtenay Rec Center and that really helped give me a good kickstart!! Since the Fun Run I'm keeping up my Run/Walks with a neighbour 2-3x a week and managing to do about 6-10 kms a day on average. I've lost a total of 20lbs+

This past weekend I fell off a ladder and had to email Jim for a good Chiropractor and he recommended Dr. Liza Grant. At least now I can actually move again.

Note to self: No getting up on the ladder again to trim branches of the trees in the yard without a spotter. :oops:
Christine
got dog??
www.getdogtraining.com
christine

Postby FrankG » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:53 pm

Welcome to the Forum Christine. Hope your back is better soon and you can join in on some of the club runs. Have you tried the Tuesday track workout or the chiinese food run at the Fishermen's pub? This Sunday there is a social run at Seal Bay.
Frank Graham
FrankG

Postby christine » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:34 pm

Christine
got dog??
www.getdogtraining.com
christine

Return to Beginners' Lounge