[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Comox Valley Road Runners Online Discussion Forum • View topic - Questions For Newbies

Questions For Newbies

For those who are relatively new to running. This is a place to find the answers to your questions, find other newbies to run with, and compare notes

Moderator: Kiwi Keith

Questions For Newbies

Postby Skuj » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:48 pm

I'm not a newbie, but, here's a question or three for newbies:

1. Why did you start running?
2. What is your main running goal for 2006?
3. What is your ultimate running goal for maybe 10+ years from now?

Hope to hear from you! :)
Skuj

Postby LadyBug » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:43 pm

Oh Boy, something I can do, being a newbie [smilie=sillyjester.gif] to running

Started running to get daily excise to loose weight. Running seemed to be more fun then walking, and running burns more calories in a shorter time.

2. Goal for 2006?
Get faster, start learning to do cross country type runs, but first there is the edge to edge marathon in June. Then the gutbuster 1/2 marathon later. Also going to learn mt Biking :D

3. 10+ years from now?
Some 1/2 marathon now and then and adventure races maybe. Keep encouraging others to get healthy and fit, stay fit, and and above all have fun.

Dian
PS thanks everyone for helping me get this far. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
LadyBug

Postby Skuj » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:34 am

Thank you Dian. It is a gret joy to observe you continuing to get fitter and faster as the months go by!!!
Skuj

Newbie to running

Postby newbie2006 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:27 pm

I walk everywhere all the time, but I started running about a month ago just to see if I could do it.... and I am totally hooked!!! I never realized it was so fun!

2. Goal for 2006?
Push myself close to my limits (haven't found them yet) and then get past those limits and have fun!!!!

3. 10+ years from now:
Hopefully I will have a few 1/2 marathons done in ten years but my main goal would be to keep running and loving it :lol:
mel
newbie2006

Postby JimS » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:50 pm

Way to go newbie (Mel). Just wait til you really get going. It only gets better and more fun.
Lots of like souls and support fom other runners, particularly on our Tues. evening interval sessions. Come out and check it out (or maybe you already have) - 5:00 pm Tuesdays starting from the track at the sports center.
Hope you keep liking it!

Jim S

P.S. There's also a pretty big social aspect to running too. Bonus.
JimS

Re: Questions For Newbies

Postby chantele » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:15 am

I think what I do might be called running...
chantele

Return to Beginners' Lounge